Saturday, April 26, 2014

This Image Calls it Genocide.. Happy?
When my mother died after having a great deal of health problems the doctor asked us if we wanted an Autopsy.  My brothers and I saw no reason for this.  We loved our mother and we would mourn her and dearly miss her.  However, we didn't feel the need to label her death with whatever specific ailment finally caused her to give way.  Having said that, if I was one of the 1.5 million Armenians killed in 1915... I don't think I would care if they called it murder, genicide, a horrible tragedy, or just a very dark time in history.  Call it whatever you want as long as you remember to mourn me.  I think we when we start mincing words so much, that when someone, who had no involvement in the killing of these people, expresses their condolences we meet that with anger because they don't call it genocide, we missing the big picture.  If this tragedy was happening today, I would expect are president to do what he could to stop it.  Seeing that this event happened nearly a hundred years ago, why don't we call it what it is?... people using a tragic day in history to to sell an argument against a political figure that for whatever other reasons, justifiable or not,  they just don't like.

No comments:

Post a Comment